Saturday 13 September 2008

Week 5: Success!



Last night I finally got my motion control thingo working. Although this doesn’t look like much, this set up lets me move the motor in .2° precise steps. It would get even smaller if I added some gears. It’s surprisingly fast too, it is really moving in .2 increments in this video.

When my DV camera arrives, im going to whip up something similar to Michael Gondry’s Kyle video (if he had no money):




Basically, the motor will let my move my camera over a path exactly every iteration, so you can do really simple cloning.


There are tons of things you can do with mo-co, like rep-rap, it builds it self, first replicating machine ( I love this project):

http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome

So should be an interesting couple weeks playing around with this.

No comments: